Skip to content
Resources for Licensed Prescribers in Virginia
- Virginia Department of Health Professions – Virginia Board of Medicine. New Requirements for Treating Chronic Pain. On 14MAR2017, the Virginia Board of Medicine adopted emergency regulations 18VAC85-21-10 et seq. establishing new rules regarding the prescribing of opioids for pain treatment and buphrenorphine for addiction treatment. dhp.virginia.gov/medicine/newsletters/OpioidPrescribingBuprenorphine03142017.pdf
- Medical Society of Virginia. Learn more about the Mandatory Prescribing Regulations for Treating Pain and Addiction. msv.org/opioidregulations.
- Richmond, VA Recovery Centers. recovery.org/browse/richmond-va/, drugabuse.com/usa/drug-abuse/richmond-va/, drugabuse.com/usa/alcohol-abuse/richmond-va/
- Sink or Swim. A collaborative effort between the Virginia Office of Attorney General, Mark Herring, the creative staff at DL Media, the Gloucester County offices of Emergency Management and Commonwealth Attorney, Virginia State Delegate, Keith Hodges, and other area officials and organizations. drugfreeva.org/
- VaAware. Addiction, Prevention and Recovery Resources. Virginia Governor’s Task Force on RX Drug & Heroin Abuse in Virginia. vaaware.com
- Virginia PMP Aware. Virginia Prescription Monitoring Program. virginia.pmpaware.net